I posted this at AVSforum with no responses yet, I assume DSP subs are not the norm. I still don't have an understanding on why my 600 is sucking the life out of my 350's, maybe Alan will comment on that thread I started. Brent and Tom's reason that the 600 has more output does not make sense to me.

Anyway,

Curious if anyone has input on what is going on with my distance (delay) setting using my 3 subs. Part of my problem I think is that one is DSP based, and the others are not.
My room is 30 x 31 x 9ft, pretty huge.

Here is what I am using:

Prior to getting my 3808ci the other day, I had a Denon 2805. The distance for my EP600 alone was always like 25-27ft, which I've heard is normal because of the internal delay of a DSP based chipset.

The 350's alone always pretty much measured exactly to their physical distance of about 13ft.

A few months back I started placing my subs "around" the room, trying to follow Welti's white papers at Harman. The 600 was placed up front below the screen, and the 350's were placed to the left/right of the room, centered. I calibrated each sub individually to be at 75dB's, then turned them all on, which increased the dB's by about 6-7db. I also had them placed about 12-13ft from the main seat.

After running Audyssey the first time, it had all the subs about 12ft, which was about right. I was puzzled why Audyssey didn't see the delay of my DSP sub though, like my 2805 found?

It gets better, the other night I moved some things around again. Now I have both my 350's spread out up front next to my mains per Wid's idea of colocating them to help with the other problem I mentioned with gain lost, sucking issue of the 600. I've moved the EP600 sub to the back of the room, still all the subs are about 13ft away from me. Now when I run setup, it is showing 27ft for the distance??

All the subs are daisy chained togethor as well. Is this normal? Anybody else in a similar situation with a DSP controlled sub and other model subs?

Maybe I need to sell the 600 and get something from SVS that is not DSP controlled.

thanks, Randy

M80s VP180 4xM22ow 4xM3ic EP600 2xEP350
AnthemAVM60 Outlaw7700 EmoA500 Epson5040UB FluanceRT85