Hey 2X6;

I was referring to the Jr Sub from Sunfire since the person above wanted a small one(I included a link to it above). Yes the the True Sub is relatively small in comparison to SVS or HSU subs and is a great musical sub. The Jr Sub is also more than the SVS or HSU sub and the True Sub is even more.
On paper I also find most Sunfire or Carver subs start dropping off around 30 hz and then a rize at 20hz due to harmonics. Also there is a dip between 80-60hz on most of their subs so some people who have smaller speakers have trouble blending in there speakers to these subs. If one has bigger floorstanders and does their crossover at 60Hz then yes it would match nicely. But majority of people still cross at 80hz..(even THX spec) These subs will have a dip in the 80-60hz region and another dip between 20-26. Again this is a personal opinion and I find it is best to have the sub integrate well with the main speakers where levels are flat. With SVS and HSU subs they are flat from 85hz which is good to cross at 80hz and it is almost flat to 20hz where it drops off considerably unless you get the bigger higher model.
So if he was getting a M60 or M80 the Sunfire would do good. But since he has M22 I still would opt for a SVS or HSU sub at half the price of the Sunfire.

By the way since your are an advocate on tube sound whatcha think about the Jolida JD100? I wanted a Shanling T100 but its still way too rich. My Marantz cd63 SE is showing its age. My left RCA connector is giving me grief.

Saturn