I have heard some of the lower end Kef bookshelfs, iQ2 or 3's I think, I foundnd them to be smooth and nice to listen to, but I also find them a little boring to listen to, they seem to lack some of the ability to portray dynamics well, could just be the fact the Kef's were in a very large room and the bookshelfs were maybe too small to adequately energize it. Axioms M3 would be simialr in sound to the Kefs,IMO, maybe a bit more laid back. The M22 are more forward sounding and allows for more detail to shine through, but also worth more money then the iQ's, I have listened to.

I wouldn't recommend putting either the M3, nor the M22, into a bookshelf as the rear ports won't be able to breathe properly as they are rear ported speakers and you may find the bass to be lacking, even more than usual from a bookshelf.

You could check the Hearing Things forum for someone nearby that could give you an audition or call Axiom to see if they could set up an audition for you. Or just order some M22's and listen for yourself, they only cost about $30cdn to return if you find you don't like them.

Jason
M80 v2
VP160 v3
QS8 v2
PB13 Ultra
Denon 3808
Samsung 85" Q70