I too am suffering in Boseland, and am planning to replace the 5.1 setup with a 7.1 Axiom setup. Getting Axiom L/R mains would be a great enhancement to the sound, but you are going to have major problems with bass.

When I got my Denon 4802, I was surprised to find that little or no bass was coming out of the "bass module." I found later that the receiver's crossover was on, filtering out all sound below 80 Hz and sending it to the LFE output, except there was no real subwoofer in the system, and all the low bass was being lost. What the Acoustimass system does is having the speakers plug into the bass module first, which filters out the LFE, and then there's an output from the bass module to the receiver. By having Axiom L/R speakers, you need to set them to Large in the receiver settings, or else bass from the left and right channels will go nowhere. The best solution would be to get an SVS or HSU subwoofer, throw out the bass module, and wire all the speakers directly to the receiver.

I hope this all makes sense, and best of luck.

Steve

P.S. - This is assuming you have a non-Bose receiver. If you have a Bose receiver, there's no way around the bass loss.

Last edited by requiem; 11/20/03 12:42 AM.