Originally Posted By: PeterChenoweth
I like Jazz. The problem though, is that Jazz is such a wide genre that it's hard to recommend specific things without knowing what you like. I mean, there's 'classic jazz', 'smooth jazz', 'contemporary jazz', etc.

Peter,
Thanks for your recommendations....The second paragraph is almost verbatim what my brother recommended from Brubeck and Davis down to Sinatra and Armstrong. He (my brother) made a comment that he liked Frankie singing with the big bands because he followed the band rather than the band following him. It was an intriguing comment.

Thing is - I don't know what I like other than I am tired of pop Rock all the time. SO....all the suggestions are going to be considered and I will likely spread it out until I do know what I like. Definately going to be a starter set.

BEST part is that I just got THE e-mail. I used the analogy over a year ago when posting about buying a system ....... Joe Montana going long. Meaning that I did not want to piece together a system - I wanted to buy it all at once. I ordered on Sunday April 26 in Custom Vinyl and was told it would be 4 weeks. THE e-mail came today telling me to wait 2 business days to check out the tracking number - advice that I promptly ignored. Of course tracking is not out there yet....but the ball has left Joe's hand in route to the end zone \:\) \:D

"A fanatic is someone who can't change his mind and won't change the subject" Churchill