Hi all, I discovered a problem with one of my two EP-500s today after fooling around with yet a new position for them. I seem to remember reading a thread quite a while ago with someone else that experienced amplification issues with their EP-500, but haven't been able to easily locate this thread (I'll keep looking :-). I have emailed support with the following message, but just curious whether any of you have some advice for me.

I recently (few months ago) purchased a second EP-500 (I can tell it's a newer model than my old one by the absence of a few fuses). I have been fiddling with placement of the two units ever since (not being displeased at all with what I perceived to be good sound quality). Today I decided to run them further away from my receiver and also to stack them and noticed a wide disparity between sound pressure coming from the respective subs. I may have overlooked this before, but I doubt it. The newer sub can barely give the same sound pressure as the older one at full dial compared to 9:00 position, respectively (as primitively measured by my fingertips on the suspension material). I have about a 25 foot run from my onkyo 876 to a y-splitter with 4 foot extensions to the subs. I have switched y-split leads to rule out faulty wiring. I used to have a much shorter run to both subs, but again, I can't say whether both subs were working at the same pressure at that time - besides wouldn't my previous experiment rule out cable run lengths?

In any case what troubleshooting do you suggest to address this issue?

Thanks,
Ian

P.S. I also traded line-in and line-out positions (since they are connected) on the plate just in case that might have been the issue - to no avail.