Originally Posted By: Dr.House
Little dots website is a bit unorthodox. How did you pay for your amps from then. There is a link to direct purchase which just brings up an email account and another link to ebay which you can purchase from them. BTW did you have to pay any duties/brokerage fees since you live in Canada?

I'm thinking about getting the little dot mk II since they don't cost very much.

Indeed, it is a bit unorthodox. They don't really have a good website, which is probably my only complaint about the whole operation. That raised a few red flags with me.

You buy these on eBay - ideally from the seller that I pointed out (use the links). I know of no other way to do it. And yes - I agree - I'd prefer it if there was a more "normal" way to buy them, but I don't think there is. I have had enough bad run-ins with eBay that I generally avoid it. But for this, I made an exception. If you have questions or concerns about the amp or the transaction in general, I'd recommend emailing David. I asked several questions before hand, and his replies were always extremely prompt and courteous. He even emailed me a few weeks after the sale to make sure I was happy. Seems like a nice enough fellow.

As it turns out, the 'red flag' feelings that I had about it being eBay-only/direct-from-China/this-is-a-scam were unfounded. "Buy It now", got an emailed order invoice, paid via Paypal, a day later got a shipment notification w/ a tracking number, and 4/5 business days later the amp was sitting on my front porch. Easy as can be. But I do live in the US, so I don't know if there are additional fees for a Canadian shipment. I'm sure David could tell you. The only thing "unique" about the experience is that the package had several Chinese stamps/stickers on it from its travels. ;\)

But anyway, yes, I'm completely happy with my Little Dot MKII. I'd certainly buy another one. Like I said, I've been using mine for over a year now. I use mine at work, so it's fired up for 5/6 hours at a time, 2/3 days a week. Zero problems, still on the original tubes. Works just as it did the day I got it.

M80v2 | VP150v2 | QS8v2
SVS Pci+ 20-39
Emotiva UMC-1 & LPA-1
M22ti + T-Amp, in the Office