Originally Posted By: terzaghi
At $225 per month for 2 iPhones (on a family talk plan) I can think of at least one reason not to get one... This includes a 15% discount on the voiceplan thru my work. That being said we absolutely love ours and won't go back to a "non smartphone" ever again... Gonna go check out that app online now and see if it is worth the buy. Tnx!

- sent from my iPhone \:\)

$225/month? What plan is that? You must need a lot of minutes! \:\)

We have 2 iPhones too (a 3G V2 and a V1). They're on a 450-minute/month family plan (with the usual unlimited nights,weekends, in-network calling - which accounts for about 95% of the calls we make) and with the standard iPhone data plans and text messaging. With a 10% discount through work, I pay ~$120/month after taxes. Cheap? Heck no. But it's reasonable for the benefits that we get from them.

I've had PDA phones for years and years. Palm's, Blackberries, WindowsMobile, etc. I'm used to paying $30+/month for the data. Sure, I'd love to pay less, but iPhone service plans aren't any less expensive than any other 'PDA-phone' plan by any other carrier. And the iPhone is superior, at least to all of the other PDA's and PDA-phone's I've ever used (and there have been dozens). It's not perfect, but it's pretty darn good, IMHO.

M80v2 | VP150v2 | QS8v2
SVS Pci+ 20-39
Emotiva UMC-1 & LPA-1
M22ti + T-Amp, in the Office