Hi Scotwell,
Dual center speakers is the way to go without hesitation.

The center speaker needs to reproduce between 70 to 80% of the movie soundtracks on its own; it will bebefit from all the help it can get.

Dual center speakers . . . The larger your main speakers are, the more sense it makes . . . The larger your video screen is, the more sense it makes . . . The more rows of listeners you have, the more sense it makes.

Most of the times, your main speakers will have a larger enclosure and more drivers than the center speaker; adding a center speaker makes thing more even . . . One center speaker above and below the screen perfectly locks the sound in the center of the screen where it should be . . . When you have multiple rows of listeners, using a single speaker, the sound will be optimized for only one row or of a lesser quality for all of them.

Connecting them in parallel will lower the Impedance to 3 Ohms but it is a very easy 3 Ohms and a quality receiver or amplifier will power them. I used to power mine with a Newcastle receiver and it never failed even under abuse. Alternately, you could connect them in series which would not lower the Impedance and according to Ian C. who designed the VP150v2 (and all Axiom speakers) it will not affect negatively the sound quality of the VP150v2s.

Now, I’m spoiled, I power each of my VP150v2 with its own A1400-8 channel . . . endless power with frightening dynamics . . . Vive 8 channels !

Using dual center speakers creates a wall of sound and contrary to what you might have read the quality of the sound reproduction does not suffer from any negative effects when properly installed. In fact, you get superior intelligibility at lower volume level.

jc