Sheesh ClubNeon, you've got a monster PC there!! \:\) 16GB of ram? Holy moly. Our main IBM Bladecenter servers at work don't even have that much! ;\)

I've been running RC7 for a few weeks on a "secondary" laptop at home. Both for personal reasons and for work evaluations. Nothing too special - a Dell 1420: Intel Core2 Duo 2.0ghz, 2gb ram, 256mb 8400GS video. Much more of a 'normal' PC compared to ClubNeon's hotrod. ;\)

It's running well. I find the interface and layout to be something of a hybrid between XP and Vista. It's like they took the functionality of XP and combined it with the eye candy of Vista. Very intuitive and, IMHO, solidly good. RC7 is speedy, hasn't crashed on me, and generally looks great. I suspect that it will play out to be viewed as how XP is compared to WindowsME, where Vista is WindowsME V2. ;\)

Honestly though, I have no real problems with Vista, especially since SP1 came out (SP2 seems to have made no difference, +/-). And that's on my 'main' PC, a Dell 1520 Core2Duo 2.2, 2gb, 256 8600GT notebook. Really, the only problems I've had involve hardware failures, which isn't Vista's fault.

Last edited by PeterChenoweth; 06/07/09 03:47 AM.

M80v2 | VP150v2 | QS8v2
SVS Pci+ 20-39
Emotiva UMC-1 & LPA-1
M22ti + T-Amp, in the Office