Can one channel of an AVR fade some without completely going out? Is this likely to mean it’s going to drop out completely?

Not finding much info on the internet about one channel fading but not just dying completely. A couple of times over the last week I’ve noticed the front soundstage in 2ch stereo was pulling to the right. I swapped speakers and the left channel still seemed week (had to turn it up by 5dB to re-center the front soundstage).

Also, when this happens the depth of the left soundstage retreats back to the speaker even when I adjust the volume. What I mean is that normally with things set up the way they are now I can usually here some sounds coming from the left and right speakers as if they are coming from over either shoulder behind me. However, when this happens the right side continues to sound like this but the left side just sounds like it’s coming from the speaker.

It’s happening with all sources and inputs I use so I don’t think the problem is on that end. Occasionally when I start it up everything shifts back so I have to readjust the volume to normal but then after playing a while I notice the left channel has faded out some again.

3M80 2M22 6QS8 2M2 1EP500 Sony BDP-S590 Panny-7000 Onkyo-3007 Carada-134 Xbox Buttkicker AS-EQ1