I have been using some M3s as my surrounds for the last few years. I have a pair of QS8s that didn't work out in my last house because of poor mounting location options. When we moved to our new house (much better mounting options), I had forgotten about the QS8s. Well the other day, I stumbled upon them in a box in the garage and thought I'd try them out. Wow I love them!

My room was pre-wired, so I have a guy coming Friday to re-route the wires inside the walls, patch/paint the old bracket and speaker cable outlet areas etc... While the drywall is cut open, I thought it would be best to have him put a 2x4 horizontally in between the studs so that they could be placed evenly (my left and right studs don't line up).

I am free on both sides to go from 1' to 5' above my listening position, as I read in the manual. Is there a preferred height? They are at 3' above now.

Also, should I mount them at 90degrees from my listening position, as they are now, or should I move them back a bit. I thought I read some posts about wanting them set a bit back from 90, but I can't seem to find them now.

Since I'm free vertically and horizontally (for once!) I wanted to make sure I get them in the best location.

Thanks in advance for any advice!

Eric