And I use the word "rude" in lieu of stronger language.
Anyway, I thought you guys might get a kick out of this story.

On Tuesday, I went for a walk along the boardwalk around the waterfront, as I do on most lunch breaks. I was walking behind an older tourist couple who's accent, along with the ladies poofy, poorly died, blond hair, most definitively identified them as being from the South of a country whose name I shall omit because I don't want anybody to think that this is what the story is about.

The lady had a brightly colored windbreaker wrapped around her waist and when I was about five feet behind them, a large wallet dropped out of her jacket pocket. So, of course, I pick up the wallet, jumpa few steps to catch up to her and say "Excuse me, but you dropped your wallet."

I'm not sure if she heard me or what but she flings herself around, looks at me crossly and says "How did you get that?"

A bit taken back, I mutter "Ahh, you just dropped it. It fell out of your jacket."

She continues to glare at me like I'm wearing a jailhouse uniform and says, "Well, how do I know you didn't just take it out of my pocket?"

"Uhhhhhhh, because I'm giving it back to you.........."

"Well you just stand right there Mister while I count my money."

OK, now I've gone from friendly do-gooder to being totally pissed at her attitude so I told her she could count her money if she wanted but I'm not waiting around for her to be a totally b__ch to somebody who just saved her from losing her money.

With that she grumbled something, grabbed her poor husband whom from his silence through all this was either scared to death of her or had just given up on life, and she stormed off ahead of me as fast as she could go while counting her money and checking her credit cards.

If there is a God, he does pay attention because not less than 2 minutes later, I saw her wallet fall out of her jacket pocket again. My first instinct was to yell ahead and say something along the lines of "Hey, I took your wallet again from way back here!" but then reconsidered.

I quietly kept walking past the wallet on the boardwalk with nothing more than a glance behind me to see if anyone else was close by that might pick it up. Nope, Not a soul for quiet a ways. She doesn't want me to touch her wallet? Who am I to argue?

With great power comes Awesome irresponsibility.