Originally Posted By: chesseroo

Sometimes a little protection is worth the effort and cost. In my case, it didn't help much of anything last week, though i have blown out a surge protector in the past from a brown out and the computer was perfectly fine.
I think i'll be switching to a UPS for the home computer in the least in the near future.

I agree. My apartment complex in the heart of and urban area had brownouts weekly and blackouts bi-weekly. And that’s not counting the weather related power outages during the monsoon season. I can’t say that my Tripplite actually saved any of my equipment but in 5 years there the only thing I ever lost was the Buttkicker amp which was promptly replaced under warranty. Though it may have been a false sense of security it did give me some.

Plus when the complex changed cable providers and I developed a ground loop hum routing the satellite’s coax through the jack on the Tripplite got rid of the hum.

3M80 2M22 6QS8 2M2 1EP500 Sony BDP-S590 Panny-7000 Onkyo-3007 Carada-134 Xbox Buttkicker AS-EQ1