Wow, you know I'd read about the XPA-2 not working out so well with the M80's, but I'd never seen this thread before. I guess I'm lucky the RPA-2 wasn't available after all. Well here's hoping the XPA-3 doesn't have the same issue's with the M80's as some of Emotiva's other amps have had. I would truely hate to have to go down a similar road as you had to travel.

And while your story started to make me wairy of my Emotiva purchase, I think back to the last time I felt this way... that would be after reading Bob's thread on Axiom's. I was just about to make my purchase when I read about his disappointment and unsatisfactory experience with his speakers. It made me seriously doubt my choice in brand decision making. But here I am 2 months after making the call to Axiom, and I couldn't be any happier with my choice. Every company out there has a customer with a similar story as you have. So I won't hold it against them.

Heck just look at me. I have an EP800 that has had 3 out of 3 components go bad in it. Potential Axiom customers might read my story and decide the EP800, or even Axiom as a company, is too risky to deal with. But that would be a shame, because dispite the set-backs, I'm convinced there are few companies out there that put out as good a product as Axiom puts out. And to your credit you haven't tried to smear Emotiva, you've mentioned this is a 'personal experience', and that there are many other satisfied Emotiva customers out there, including in this forum.

So I won't sweat it unless I experience a similar problem as you.

My Stuff :

M80's
QS8's
VP150
EP800
Denon 4802
Emotiva XPA-3
Samsung BD-P3600
Sharp 65 Inch Aquos LCD