Originally Posted By: kcarlile
I've said it before, I'll say it again. If your consideration on buying speakers is whether they'll work right with your amp (especially with such an inexpensive amp), you're doing it wrong. Speakers are going to make a much, much bigger difference than an amp, and to drop down a level or two in speaker quality because you believe they won't work right with your amp is a mistake.

You have not heard the T-Amp. Reserve judgment until you do. The performance is in no way shape or form in line with the price. You owe it to your self to look into them.

It compares well to 3000 dollar speakers within its limitations. It needs a good power supply (5 amp switching preferred) or it will be short of bass.
http://www.6moons.com/audioreviews/sonicimpact/t_3.html

They have no problem powering my Av123 0.5 or x speakers to absurd sound levels in a smaller room and my understanding is that most of the Axioms are more efficient.

Some of the new amps with the tripath chips are even better with far more power they would be a better match for more power hungry speakers within reason.

Last edited by Smoken Joe; 07/30/09 03:35 PM.