Mike,

At first I thought I'd tell you not to go with Axiom for your subs because I for one believe you can find more 'BANG' for your buck with other brand subs. BUT, there at the end you mentioned not needing 'room shaking bass', just nice low bass for movies. Now this is where I think Axioms do very well. They aren't rap artist subs, they are more of an audiophile subwoofer.

So my advice, is if you have the loot, try an EP400 or two out in your room with your other speakers. If after 30 days they don't perform to your standards you can turn them back in and shop for another brand. My EP800 isn't going back. I had originally bought it with a return in mind if I wasn't satisfied ($2300 can buy A LOT of bass with other manufacturers) with it. But dispite having some bum parts when I received it, I am so happy with it as of now (I still have a faulty woofer to replace in it) that there's no way Axiom will get this thing back.

That is of course, unless they come out with an EP1000 sometime in the near future and I decide to upgrade! ;\)

My Stuff :

M80's
QS8's
VP150
EP800
Denon 4802
Emotiva XPA-3
Samsung BD-P3600
Sharp 65 Inch Aquos LCD