Originally Posted By: th3at3rguy
Is it under warrenty? I think so I bought it from axiom about 4 months ago. Another thing the Sherwood has 2 sub modes, Normal and sub plus mode. It has always been in sub plus mode because the sub doesnt work at all in normal mode. I thought I just had the settings wrong or something but it didnt work in normal with the Ep175 either. But the fact he also has to turn his EP500 way up to... I dont know it still sounds good just not a lot of bass. Also JC said to turn that filter on only when listening to music not movies.

Odd. Reading the "poorly written" manual, SW Plus+ mode means you're using for L/R speakers for bass in addition to the sub. This is often called double bass and may not be desired. It's another topic of hot debate (whether to use your mains for lower frequencies or let your sub handle it)

Normal means that LFE is sent to Sub and if you set the cross over in the speakers, anything that meets the criteria will also get sent to the sub.

So Normal is what you should be using (in conjunction with crossovers set at the speaker level)

Something is beginning to smell fishy with your AVR.

--
Denon 4520, EPIC80/500/VP180 Speakers