Originally Posted By: Murph
...but I'm so Extremely happy with it off, I just don't feel the need to keep trying.

And isn't that what matters anyway? Audysey is a 'room correction' program yes? So logically if you have everything set up correctly and your room is fairly good dynamically speaking, then Audysey should be of little to no value right?

SRoode played his system with it turned on and turned off and it was noticably more pleasing to listen to turned off. But of course there are few rooms out there as well set up as Steve's room, just using his for this example. Anyhow if JohnK and others set theirs up and are delighted with the way it performs then that's great. If you set yours up and feel it's at all inferior to the normal settings, then by all means turn it off and enjoy your entertainment 'all natural'.

I'm planning on moving up to a reciever with HDMI capabilities. If it has Audyssey I will certainly set it up to the best of my abilities and try it out. But I won't treat it as something that's supposedly 'superior' to the normal set-up, I will just pick which ever one I prefer and roll with it. Heck I never did like Pro-Logic when Pro-Logic was supposedly the greatest thing since vinyl. I always thought it made the dialog sound like it was being played out of a tin can. Could have been my 'less than stellar' speakers. But either way I tried it on several occasions and just plain hated it.

But who knows, Audyssey may just knock my socks off in this room of mine. I do intend on giving it a chance.

Last edited by Micah; 08/14/09 03:02 PM.

My Stuff :

M80's
QS8's
VP150
EP800
Denon 4802
Emotiva XPA-3
Samsung BD-P3600
Sharp 65 Inch Aquos LCD