I own a pair of M22's and have been absolutely thrilled with the sound. I am not the original owner of these speakers but have been using them for six months now. As stated, the sound has been outstanding.

Yesterday, however, when I was comparing the difference in sound output from wav and mp3 and Monkey Audio files through my Logitech Squeezebox Duet, I had occasion to place my ears right next to the various components on the M22 (the two woofers and then the tweeter).

What I discovered was that on one of the speakers - I could distinctly hear sound from the tweeter - and from one of the two woofers (the top one) – but there appeared to be no sound whatsoever from the other matching woofer at the bottom. On the other speaker the same thing - however it was the top one that had no sound and there was definite sound from the bottom woofer.

Turning up the speakers considerably and holding my hand in front of the components - in front of the tweeters I could feel impact on my hand and in front of one of the woofers the same thing - however - the other woofer with the diminished sound output didn't create this type of air movement but if I touched the component it was definitely vibrating.

Is this normal behavior for these M22's or do I have something wrong? All the other stereo speakers I have in my house all just have one tweeter and one larger cone so I have nothing to compare it to.

Thanks for any input. These speakers are truly outstanding.