First off you might not want to let the GF read your post about your other “love.” They have this bad habit of always thinking they are one of them and your post seems to indicate…

Glad to hear the M22s are working out for you. They really are an incredible speaker. I’ve never heard the M2s so for now it’ my opinion that bang-for-the-buck they are Axiom’s best speaker.

I like your colour scheme silver and black so is all my stuff.

I love the 600s. I have never heard anything that seems more accurate in my life. I was shocked at how much bass impact they have…I didn’t know a headphone could do that. And they are comfortable too. I’ve worn them for over 16 hours in a day when gaming or doing movie marathons w/o even realizing they were there. On more than one occasion (stone cold sober) I got up and walk away wearing them only to have them pulled off my head when the cord ran out. From what I’ve read if you like the 580s you owe it to yourself to give the 600s a listen.

I demoed them against the 650s in a local shop and didn’t feel the 650s were worth the extra cost at that time. Never heard the 580s but from the reviews I read the 600s and 650s are supposed to be noticeably better. Didn’t know they had 800s out might have to find some to demo.

Not sure if I mentioned it but if you plan on being in the apartment for awhile you might want to consider getting a tactile transducer like a Buttkicker. It’s just cool now that I moved to a house but in the apartment it was awesome. Hooked it up to my seating and I could feel the bass shaking like crazy w/o a bit of it going through the walls. I wouldn’t use it in place of a subwoofer in a place I can turn the sub up but it sure put the feel back into action movies and games when I had to keep the sub off or turned way down. You might always be able to pick up something used.

3M80 2M22 6QS8 2M2 1EP500 Sony BDP-S590 Panny-7000 Onkyo-3007 Carada-134 Xbox Buttkicker AS-EQ1