Hi Jazzman

My stereo system consists of the Antique Sound Labs MG S1 15 DT integrated tube amplifier, a pair of M3s, and a Velodyne 8" sub sourced by an Ah! Njoe Tjoeb CD player. I love the M3s! They are even better once relieved of some of the bass load by this modest subwoofer. (I really like the speed of the 8" Velodyne - I have a 10 incher in my HT system, but the 8 incher is faster).

I listen to mostly jazz and set my sub volume at just a tick above off. That is enough to fill in the low frequency weakness of the M3s. I kick back and love what I'm hearing with this system. The M3s are simply wonderful speakers. I've never heard the M80s, I'm sure they're terrific. I have heard the M22s, and at least in my systems, I'm surprised to report that I think the M3s sound better. I also have a pair of M50s in my HT system, and they are wonderful, better than the M3s, for HT, but they sure are bigger. For listening to jazz, I'd say the M3s + a nice quick sub is about as good as it gets.

Good luck, Jazzman!

BTW, I found that with the M3s, you have to get them up on some stands and set them out from the wall at least 3' for them to sound their best.

Enjoy the Music. Trust your ears. Laugh at Folks Who Claim to Know it All.