And Tom, it is still working great. So good in fact, I had to stop myself from buying another one just "because" when Guitar Center was advertising a 70% off sale over Labor Day ($400 - 70% = CHEAP). The fan noise fix may discourage some, but for the price the fear should be minimal. And to my surprise, it only makes detectable heat when the high current rails kick in, which is very seldom. (ala, FredK's comment about only never really needed the whole 800 watts.)

But when it's time to really enjoy the music, it gets hot, but sounds great. None of the sonic limits of my Denon AVR (which i can still find via A/B switching when I use the center ch signal from the AVR - certain sounds have a harshness that stands out (to me anyway!).

As for stats, I found the Peavey amp I tried had noticeable hiss, and a related (I think) higher THD and SN Ratio. So don't assume all pro amps are the same. Try them first.

Panny 3000 PJ, 118" Carada, Denon 3300, PS3, Axiom QS8, PSB 5T, B&W sub, levitating speaker wire