Right now there are only two places in my house where I can’t hear my system to my satisfaction the master bathroom and garage and I’m just looking for a reality check on what speakers might work best for these.

I’ve changed my mind about enclosing the patio for a hot tub because I realized I have more than enough room in the master bathroom. I’m assuming outdoor speakers like the Algonquins are the way to go due to the conditions. Just wondering if anyone had put speakers in their bathroom and if so what if any issues have arisen.

The garage is the other place I will spend a significant amount of time and don’t get good sound from my main system. For now (things are cooling down) I feel comfortable using my M22s out there. However, I’m worried about how the heat will effect them in the summertime. It gets into the 130F range in the summer and didn’t know how regular speakers would hold up.

Normally It’s not very humid but at least while I’m working out there I’ll likely be using a portable evap cooler so they will get exposed to high humidity sometimes. My man worry is how much the heat will degrade the driver’s surrounds. I’ve seen what the AZ heat does to rubber and plastics in cars and aircraft and figured the surrounds would be the first victims. So I was wondering if anyone had any input on the effects of keeping speakers on a hot sometimes humid area.

I’m also leaning toward using something like Algonquins in the garage if for no other reason than I won’t use a sub and it’s fewer drivers to replace if the conditions do deteriorate the surrounds.

Thanks for any feedback,
Dean

3M80 2M22 6QS8 2M2 1EP500 Sony BDP-S590 Panny-7000 Onkyo-3007 Carada-134 Xbox Buttkicker AS-EQ1