To address a few of the above: (1) my QSC GX-5 is fantastic given the price and expectations - i.e., cheap and great sound. You have to deal with the fan noise, but it was easy. I can provide more if anyone needs it, but I have posted a good bit about it and don't want to bog down this thread.

(2) The QSC is on my list of DIY sub projects because it has so much power and has RCA inputs. One limit on the GX series is that you can't bridge them to mono, but other models near that price do allow bridging and some have crossover options to allow passive x-over for non-LFE tracks (music, etc.)

What I have come to like about QSC is that they are a huge company with years of experience, yet you get real techs on the forum working to fix problems, etc. Really good bang for the buck from a solid brick and mortar company that makes its real money on commercial theaters and live concerts...unless you want this for your TH: Theater speaker package

Finally, there is nothing wrong with Chinese mfg, but quality control is key. For all I know the QSC amps are Made in China, but the inside is clean with a nice layout, and solid construction. I don't care where it was made (but I'd prefer US or Canada!).

Panny 3000 PJ, 118" Carada, Denon 3300, PS3, Axiom QS8, PSB 5T, B&W sub, levitating speaker wire