If you like the concept of the Bose Wave Radio, but can't lower your standards enough to buy one, or want to 'custom build' your system, check out the systems by Tivoli Audio

Several years ago I bought their Model Two (mine's metallic taupe/cherry) and added their matching powered sub. I have it set up in our kitchen, playing either FM radio or often iPod via 3.5mm jack. They sell a matching CD Player too, but I'm so iPod-centric that it's not worth it to me.

The sound quality is pretty amazing, IMHO. It's truly perfect as a bedroom or kitchen system. And if you care about FM radio, it's the best FM tuner I've ever used. Amazing clarity & SQ from regular old, SD-radio. I've been very, very happy with the setup. It's worked exceptionally well for me for several years, and I've recommended them to several friends & family who have been equally pleased with them.

I've even hauled parts of it with us when we've gone on vacation, as it's nice to be assured of good quality music when on vacation in a hotel/condo/rental home, etc. And since the Model X units are modular, I can just grab the one mono main unit, or both stereo speakers, or everything + the sub.

And should anything ever happen to the setup I have now, and I could scrounge up the dough, I'd love one of their Music Systems. Not cheap by any stretch, but I have no doubt that the sound & build quality would be phenomenal.

And if you need a NAS-centric solution, they sell that too. \:\)

Good luck!

M80v2 | VP150v2 | QS8v2
SVS Pci+ 20-39
Emotiva UMC-1 & LPA-1
M22ti + T-Amp, in the Office