I'm interested in the 'front height' channels... how do those work? What I mean is where do you connect those speakers? My Denon has room for 9 speakers to be hooked up in back, which outs would I use for the 'front height' channels? Because as they are labeled they are 'front left', 'front right', 'center', 'side left', 'side right', 'surround back left A', 'surround back right A', surround back left B' and 'surround back right B'. So which do they use for the 'front height left' and 'front height right' channels?

I'm interested in this because my room doesn't really afford a 9.1 channel system like I had in my old HT because there isn't enough room behind my seating position for 4 surround back speakers as well as the side speakers. So I was thinking of putting some QS8's up front instead, and if I do so I would like to use them as 'front height' channels. But can you only use them as those if using Pro Logic IIz? Because to be honest, even though I've never heard that format, I was never a big fan of the original 'Pro Logic', and vastly prefered DTS 5/6.1 over it. And with BluRay's I'd want to listen in 'Dolby TrueHD' or 'DTS MasterAudio' instead of having to use Pro Logic IIz.

So if that is the only format that uses 'front height' channels, then I suppose I won't be using them that way.

My Stuff :

M80's
QS8's
VP150
EP800
Denon 4802
Emotiva XPA-3
Samsung BD-P3600
Sharp 65 Inch Aquos LCD