I am slowing heading down the path of a new theater room. It's a conversion of a double garage which currently has no ceiling. i.e. exposed trusses and roofing. The room is pretty much square at 20 x 20 \:\(

I have the option of fitting a regular ceiling at around the 9 foot mark or leave the trusses exposed and clad directly onto the roof. It's a pretty standard pitch ^ type roof. Guessing the high point at around 16 to 18 foot dropping to 9 foot over a 10 foot distance. (if that makes sense) The back and front of the room would be the low points.

I have a 7.1 system: 60s up front with 150, 8s all around and a 500 as the sub. Wouldn't think the extra room volume would make too much of a difference but that would be one of my questions.

I'm needing to rewire the electrics in the house and need to run wire through the room to my office which is why I need to make a call on this now. If I go regular ceiling, the wire gets pulled through across all the trusses on the shortest route, if vaulted I need to prepare for that and run accordingly.

I could go either way at this stage but was wondering what the great minds over here thought about the differences and if there was a definite winner with regards to sound. I know square rooms are sucky and was wondering what effect a vaulted ceiling would have on that if any?

Thanks,
David