I bought an outlaw 1050 about a year ago and have been very happy with it. The only issue I am aware of is that when using it as a 5.1 processor there are some new dolby digital EX soundtracks that have a 6.1 flag encoded in them that causes sound cutouts when the receiver is used in 5.1 mode. These cutouts stop by turning on the rear surround speaker even if one is not hooked up. This causes some loss of sound material to the rear channels because the sixth channel is matrixed from the two rears. The whole issue goes away by adding a rear surround speaker. The reason for this was that the EX encoding was not invented when outlaw designed the 1050 processor. I have had this happen on 2 dvd's to date. All this is likely moot for you since a 1050 replacement won't be out until at least this summer.

Having bought a lot things over ebay I would consider paying a little extra and buying the b stock direct from Harmon for $598. A receiver is a complex device and I think I'd rather have the 30 day return option and certainty about the warranty coverage. Many companies will not honor warrantees on products purchased through unauthorized dealers. Harmon's warranty states sales by authorized dealers only. I had a problem with a b stock Denon I bought on ebay thus learning the hard way.

Mark