So I've been tossing around the idea of setting up media center for a while, but didn't really want a computer sitting in the family room in the rack with the other equipment, and didn't want to get a prebuilt box for cablecard HD support (I only watch HD, so a media center that can't record HD channels over cable instead of OTA is useless to me).

I believe problem 1 was solved with the thread I posted a while back about being able to buy HD cable card support separately now. I should just be able to buy this, put it in any networked computer in the house (wireless is fast enough?) and be able to control it to watch/record shows through a media center extender, correct?

I'm asking because problem 2 was solved today. I was at a Microsoft event and won an XBox 360 (arcade edition). It looks like I have myself a media center extender! \:\)

So, is this as simple as buying the HD capable cable card, installing it in my computer, and I just leave the computer on and manage everything through the XBox to watch shows on my main TV?

We have our first child on the way in December and don't have a DVR currently, so having a way to record/pause TV when the baby starts crying and being able to pick up where we left off would be a nice benefit \:\)