I remember when Bob was having his fiasco with the M80's. He sent me a PM about a couple of other speakers he was auditioning. One was the Salks, another were some Rockets, & the 3rd pair escapes me, but I remember he went into great detail about them.

They were some sort of 'infinite baffle' speaker... no not a subwoofer, but the mids & highs were out in the open as well. I looked them up & researched them & indeed the whole idea was fascinating. Their drawback was that they were extremely finicky, you had to really nail the room accoustics & their placement and all that jazz. But apparently if you got all the other factors right they really were something special. Then again I guess that could be said for most higher end speakers eh?

Anyway that sound like something I might be interested in exploring. I like a challenging hobby, & those sound fairly challenging to get right, so I would probably seriously look into those... 'if' I were in the market for a two channel system... which I'm not... so I guess that's that! ;\)

Last edited by Micah; 10/26/09 05:13 AM.

My Stuff :

M80's
QS8's
VP150
EP800
Denon 4802
Emotiva XPA-3
Samsung BD-P3600
Sharp 65 Inch Aquos LCD