JohnK is talking about our much-loved, much-missed FP guru who goes by that username, not raw fish rolled in rice.

As much as I think about FP, I don't think we have enough information to know if it makes sense here, especially given the budget. How is the ambient light control in the room? How big is the room? What is the split usage between HT and music? How serviceable ARE the existing speakers? How committed are you to SACD and/or DVDA?

I'm pretty much with austinbirdman on this deal so far, I think. I guess the cost of the projector and screen would pretty much preclude ANY other upgrades except the sub, and I don't know if it would be worth it - especially since you've already got a very large display.

btw, I think most Denon receivers at the 1804 level and above have phono inputs. You might like a 1804/2803/3803 or something. I don't know anything about the Sony, so I'm just flapping my lips here.

This has been a regrettably beer-free thread so far. What kind of beer do you drink in this room? The acoustical diffraction from pilsner glasses is VERY different from tulip glasses, for instance. Not to mention the absorbency from stouts vs. Belgians.

Geeez, a little help here...

bibere usque ad hilaritatem