I have an older JVC Kaboom box.
sigh....its built like a truck. Darn thing just can't be killed.

I bought it in hopes of getting sweet sound like my old early 80's JVC boombox which had a "stereo wide" switch. That was a cool boombox! Had RCA jack sound "outs" so you could use it as a preamp.

Anyhoo, the Kaboom box has amazing subwoofer effect, but hardly any stereo imaging at all.
Its ok for outdoor party situations.

As I posted in another thread, I'm fixing to remove a little Zvox mini as my TV sound, and will probably try to use it as a sort of boombox or portable music player if my Mom doesn't want it for one of her TV's. Zvox sells a battery charger thingy which it can supposedly run off of for several hours, and they sell a nifty bag for it.
But as someone mentioned - no radio or CD player though....

In between I also briefly owned a Milwaukee jobsite boombox which a: broke almost immediately and b. didn't sound as good as some of the reviews suggested it might. I was hoping the bass would be almost like the JVC kaboom box, but not even close. At all.

Maybe the newer Kaboom boxes are better as far as stereo seperation. I've always liked JVC for boomboxes. I'd pay big bucks for a brand new unopened box of that old early 80's one I had. My Mom bought me that and at the time it was expensive, like $300 if memory serves!

I will confess to sometimes ogling the vintage boomboxes on eBay.

That poor old JVC...it took sooooooo long to die. And it had decent sound right up til the end!

Aunty Em
Tampa, FL