I will freely admit that I'm crazy.

I had to share in case there's anyone else here that has a similar real-sugar Coca-Cola fetish...

Made an amazing discovery this weekend! Sam's Club sells Mexico-imported, glass-bottled, real-sugar, 12oz Coca Colas by the case. Totally. Freaking. Awesome.

A couple of years ago, a buddy turned me on to the treat of real-sugar sodas. So tasty & refreshing. I'm not one of those anti-HFCS people, I think regular old sugar just makes for a better-tasting soda. Jones' Soda is the most commonly available pure-sugar soda. They're good, but they're usually kind of pricey. And Jones' cola - while fine - isn't a Coke.

This same buddy has some "connections" (we're so lame...) to get real-sugar versions of Dr. Pepper, Coca-Cola, and various lemon/lime sodas from a few specific bottling plants, and so every now and then he'd arrange for a few bottles for me. And some specialty grocery stores carry them too, but they're invariably kind of pricey, and normally sold as single-bottles only.

When I'd get them, the real-sugar Coca-Cola's were like manna from heaven. I don't drink sugary sodas very often at all, but when I do, I want to make it count. And as a Coke drinker, these real-sugar cokes are like "Christmas-morning-unwrapping-your-first-bike-when-you-were-7" good. There's just something about them when they're made with sugar and in glass bottles instead of high-fructose corn syrup in plastic bottles. It just tastes better. Clean, crisp, and refreshing. And now I've got a reliable source! \:\)

And yes, I enjoyed a couple "Pepsi Throwback"'s this summer, but I'm a Coke guy, so Pepsi just doesn't really work for me.

More info, if you're curious....
http://www.nytimes.com/2009/10/11/magazine/11fob-consumed-t.html

So if you are a Coke drinker, and have never had a real-sugar Coke in a glass bottle, head on down to your local Sam's Club! \:\)

M80v2 | VP150v2 | QS8v2
SVS Pci+ 20-39
Emotiva UMC-1 & LPA-1
M22ti + T-Amp, in the Office