Tx! for all the comments and suggestions guys and corrections to mispelling!

okay i got the speakers in and have set them up. first the pics then the questions. i really do take your input seriously

left surround

right surround, i put up the surrounds, just shy of six feet

this is as far to the edge of the stand that i can have them, without them bugging me, by being so far out. especially the center cause the wire is just way too noticable when flush.

to biamp or not to biamp?with one reciever mind you. the onkyo gives me the option of bi or back surrounds.

okay so... the first question is this. should i use avia guide to calibrate spl levels or run audyssey. cause they differ substantially. when i double check the avia guide spl setting for 75db's using the same reference volume of 60 on the reciever, i get higher levels coming out of the center and surrounds. to help make my question more clear, when i run audyssey and then check it with avia... the center and surround level is too low. who should i go with audyssey or avia.

also no matter what changes i make as far as small and large and crossevers. audyssey sets the mains to full range, center to 90hz and surrounds to 100hz. i did make changes manually anyways after every test and set the mains to 60hz and others the 80hz this is from advice thus far.

as far as sound goes , i can only really here a difference between the axioms and the energy's while listening to cd's. the axioms sound great. but in movies this far, the axioms aren't really wowing me for some reason. which seems weird, why do i hear a diffence in clarity and space with music but not movies.

im guessing it might be the movies thus far, or maybe my ears aren't use to them yet :0)

so far so good, they look fantastic, going to give it a few weeks for a final take.