My friends....The SVS dealer for Malaysia...brought over 2 units of Rotel 1080 power amp (200W/channel) for me to test if that would improve the sound quality of the M60 & VP150.

We hook up the amp through Marantz SR6003 pre-out to the L/R in 1 Rotel and the center using the other Rotel.

Frankly, for the M60 playing using pure audio (L/R only) through my Cambridge Audio 640Cv2 CD player, connected using analog stereo cable, I only felt a very slight improvement on the low frequency of the M60 and less bright on the high on 80% to my reference SPL level (that's 75db)

However, on the VP150, playing some concert BD, the sound did improve on the vocal, more dynamic and smooth than using the SR6003 to drive it. Maybe it's because of the 6ohm rating that it need more power to bring out the juice?

But most important improvement I felt is the improvement of my surround sound (What? We intent to test the main speakers only what?), Yes! the surround become more complete, dynamic and fuller with the SR6003 needed only drive 2 speakers for the 5.1 dts-ma/trueHD mix. The sound are cleaner and fuller and it really bring out the sound of my Orb Audio's Mod1 by driving them with 130W of power....

So, the $1000 question, should I get an Emotiva XPA-3 or XPA 5 to drive the front now?

Arrggggh, more money to spend and can foresee a unhappy spouse's face \:\( :p