A 60" CRT? Good god, how much does that thing weigh?! My old 36" tube CRT was an absolute monster to move. Can't fathom how heavy a 60" would be.

+1 for Craigslist.

+1 for the free city pickup day. Though check the rules. My town has special Spring & Fall cleaning days where they'll take just about anything you leave on the curb. But one thing they won't take are CRT's.

You could try putting it in your front yard with a big "FREE" sign on it. At least around here, that's pretty much a guaranteed way to get rid of stuff you don't want. Though if it doesn't move, you're stuck with a 60" TV on your front lawn. Neighbors love that. I've put out old lawn furniture, garden equipment, old carpet, water-bed parts, rusty gas grills, etc. Never fails to disappear. On a couple of occasions, I've had a pickup truck screech to a halt in front of my house before I even walked away. \:\)

But if you can't pawn it off on someone else, the best solution is to find a recycler. Check the phone book, there should be some company nearby that does it. Often they'll come pick it up for a small ($10-$20) fee, and (hopefully) take care of recycling the thing properly.

M80v2 | VP150v2 | QS8v2
SVS Pci+ 20-39
Emotiva UMC-1 & LPA-1
M22ti + T-Amp, in the Office