I own m22's and a VP150 center. I listened to C-5's and C-9's before purchasing my Axioms. We specifically went to a nearby HT store to listen to the C-5's, didn't like them much - sounded weak and tinny. The C-9's were *awesome* though. Seriously awesome. We prefered them over a last-year's Veritas 2.4 that was discounted to the same price. My wife really liked them and was pretty much ready to plunk down the $1,200 on the spot and knit sweaters for all of our friends and relatives for Christmas. I wanted to hear Axiom though. I used the same receiver at the store that I had at home, listening to the same CDs, unfortunately on a different brand of CD player, so that might affect things (I doubt it by much). The C-9's high's and mid's sound very similar to the m22's, but the bass of the C-9's simply blows them away. Take note, I'm comparing $400 bookshelves with $1,200 floor standers - I don't expect the m22's to have lots of bass. But the C-9's sound *beautiful* just on their own with no subwoofer. Since the mid-highs of m60's are identical to the m22, and the m60 has the two woofers, I'd wager that the m60 probably sounds pretty comparable to the C-9. That's only a guess, I've not heard m60's yet.

M80v2 | VP150v2 | QS8v2
SVS Pci+ 20-39
Emotiva UMC-1 & LPA-1
M22ti + T-Amp, in the Office