Originally Posted By: jakewash
And I wouldn't look at cheap ellipticals, I have had nothing but problems buying cheap excercise products, usually they break after the warranty period and take months for parts to show up if at all. I only buy executive quality(light gym duty), it costs more but they work great. Fitness Depot carries pretty good quality products for reasonable dollars spent, Precor comes to mind for ellipticals.

I couldn’t agree more. Buy a cheap POS and pretty soon it turns into a coat rack and you’ve wasted $500.

Buy one that costs a small fortune and you will be committed to use it. Plus, it will be something that you soon look forward to using, verses something you dread to use. We are talking about your heath, which in my opinion; a person should not quibble about how much it costs to be healthy.

We have this one, and I find the movement to be more natural to a running stride than any other machine I’ve tried in the different gyms I’ve gone to while traveling. You can find them on Craig’s list or other classifieds for much less, as many small gyms have, ore are going out of business.

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B0010XM63U/ref=...ASIN=B0010XM63U

I jog, so I don’t use it very often and quite frankly, don’t much care for elliptical. But, they will give you a heck of a work out if you crank up the resistance and you’re knees will appreciate it.