Cadillac--

Glad to see you're making a switch from Bose, one that will really open your ears. I do not have a set of Axioms yet as I still need to sell my Infinity speakers. But I look forward to bringing the Axiom product into my home.

For those who still hold Bose in high regard, please visit the following page: http://www.intellexual.net/bose.html

It's even good bedtime reading for Bose doubters and haters.

Caddy, (may I call you Caddy?) I have only one suggestion concerning the tweaking of your receiver--get your Axioms placed properly for your room then listen to them through a FLAT receiver. Leave the bass and treble or any EQ alone for now. I've owned some HK stuff in the past, most recently the AVR7000 that was soon replaced with a much more reliable Sony STR-DA777ES. I left the HK alone as I have the Sony--no EQ, no extra "boosting" of the bass or treble in any way. I have been very happy with the results, although it took my ears a few hours to get used to. I will not go back to my old "V"-pattern EQ on any of my equipment. Enough about my stuff.

Movies and concert DVDs that will blow you away on your newly set up system:

Apollo 13 (DTS)
Billy Idol, Storytellers (DTS)
Joe Satriani, Live in San Francisco
Paul McCartney, Back in the U.S. (DTS)
Journey, 2001
Galaxy Quest (DTS)
Toy Story 1 & 2
Both Star Wars prequels
Gladiator (DTS)
A Bug's Life
Eagles, Hell Freezes Over (DTS)--the Seven Bridges Road DTS-only bonus track will blow you away!!!!!
Rush, Rush In Rio
Terminator 2--Judgement Day (DTS-ES)
Peter Frampton, Live in Detroit
Charlotte Church, Enchantment
Super Speedway (DTS) and The Magic of Flight (DTS), both IMAX features
Shrek (DTS)
U-571 (DTS)

I'm sure there are many I have not mentioned. Most of the ones I have said contain good effects for your surrounds and explosive sounds for your mains, but the dialogue in most of these is excellent too, a good test for your "real" center channel. An even better test for you may be to listen the DTS-mentioned movies in plain Dolby Digital first just to experience the "straight" difference between the Bose and the Axiom.

Lots of luck with your room and system. Set your receiver up as you wish, I only provide some suggestions based on my personal experiences.

Thanks

Todd--still waiting for my M60s, VP100 and QS4s--oh yeah, I haven't paid for them yet...