Finishes like Boston Cherry or High Gloss Cherry are 'WOW' finishes. When someone walks into the room, they are immediatelly noticed and drooled over. The Black Oak finish won't have any of your guests falling all over themselves when they see them. However, that isn't to say that they look cheap or of low quality in any way, shape or form. All of the Axiom finishes are in my opinion very well made and flawlessly applied to the speaker itself.

I purchased all of my Axiom speakers from the Factory Outlet and had whole heartedly expected a subprime finish to arrive at my door step. No such thing occured. When I opened each box and inspected the speaker inside of it, they all exceeded my wildest expectations. I could not find a seam, blemish, nick, scratch, dent or any other sort of mistake what so ever. Axiom may not design their speakers to be particularly flashy, but the finish is top notch.

So rest assured, no matter which finish you choose, you will have a collection of speakers living in your HT that look every bit as high-end as they sound.

My Stuff :

M80's
QS8's
VP150
EP800
Denon 4802
Emotiva XPA-3
Samsung BD-P3600
Sharp 65 Inch Aquos LCD