Hello Audiojr

I got the Antique Sound Labs MGS115DT 5 watt p/c (triode, 15 wpc in pentode) integrated tube amplifier for about $750, Axiom M3s (FO's $220 now $247), Velodyne CT80 8" sub for about $250 )total about $1250. I also spent a few dollars on interconnects (Maple Audio Ambience) and speaker cable (Mapleshade clearview double golden helix Plus). This system sounds so good, it just puts a goofy smile on my face whenever I listen. The speakers continue to astonish me. No matter how good the source, the M3s reflect the improvement with even better sound. This system is accurate, musical, liquid, sweet. The M3s are a perfect match. I suppose one would expect the M22s to be even better. Although this wasn't my experience, praise for the 22s has been both informed and near unanimous. I'd check out the Antique Sound Labs line of amps. The ones I demoed are wonderful music makers and reasonably priced.

BTW, my 5 watt amp drives the M3s effortlessly.

So my first recommendation:

Antique Sound Labs MGS115DT integrated tube amp $750
M3 speakers ($247)
Velodyne CT80 subwoofer ($200-250 discontinued Velodynes are severely discounted)
leaves you $250 change.

Alternative 2:

Antique Sound Labs MGS115DT integrated tube amp $750
Axiom M50 FO speakers $496
Velodyne CT80 subwoofer $200-250
No change.

A solid state alternative you may want to consider is a pair of nOrh/IRD monoblock 100 watt (each) LeAmps ($495) and a nice preamp, maybe like a Parasound PHP 850 (less than $250). Personally, I'd match the LeAmps with a tube preamp - that may cost more. With a Parasound preamp, you'd have $750 for speakers - maybe a pair of M50s (FO's for $496) and a $250 sub.

Good luck

Enjoy the Music. Trust your ears. Laugh at Folks Who Claim to Know it All.