Thanks for all the great advice and suggestions so far - this looks to be a very active and helpful forum.

I recognize that 7.1 material is just starting to emerge in the marketplace.

I just bought a new receiver on Boxing Day so I should be good in that department for the next couple of years. Well, actually I bought two because I couldn't decide which one I really wanted. I got a Yammie 6290 and a Denon 890. We'll see which one earns their place in the equipement rack.

Although the room is not an odd shape I still don't have huge placement flexibilty because on one side wall at the midway point is a fireplace so furnture is either before or after it.

The wire fishing idea should work - both suurounds are on an exterior wall so there should be a vapour barrier. But I am considering the baseboard idea too.

The surrounds will go on side walls that are 6 feet long so I could go a foot or two in front, even or a foot or two in back as one of you mentioned.

Since the QS's seem to be somewhat "multidirectional" if I mount them behind the main listening area should I purchase a pivoting bracket so they can be angled or will a flat wall mount set-up be fine?

Thanks again for all the feedback.

Last edited by nanook; 12/29/09 03:28 AM.