Hi all,

I received this link and heard about Axiom from a co-worker yesterday. He stated that he heard these incredible speakers at a friends house and since I was in the market for some speakers suggested that I check it out.

I got home last night at around 9:00 p.m. and started brousing this forum, reading all the info I could find about Axiom and also A/V receivers. Well a couple of beers later and mega research I was sold on these speakers. At this point, it is pushing three in the morning !! Yikes. Half the fun has been in the research.

I am very new to all of this and have to take a few steps to get what I want. It would be great to buy it all at once but I can't. I currently have a six year old Sony projection TV, a very inexpensive Panasonic DVD player and a Mitsubishi VCR. So I am basically starting from scratch although the Sony is o.k., I would love a flat panel but that is a couple of years away.

My research has led me to my first two choices which I ordered today after some sleep !!

Axiom M60ti in beech with black grills and Yamaha RX-V2400.
The receiver research took longer than the speaker choice. It was quite overwhelming based on all the different ratings, owner feedback etc. I found the 2400 for under seven bills and was sold. I wanted a unit I could grow with and hopefully not have to replace for many years. The auto set-up sounded great. The M60's just get incredible ratings and reviews. It was a delight to read all your posts and help me with my decisions.

My room is medium size but my heart was set on towers. My next purchase will be a sub. They can get quite pricey can't they ?? !! The HSU STF-2 is available for $399. I am wondering if I should jump on it or wait and test the waters ?

Next will be the center and surrounds and most likely a better DVD player. But I am off and running. I will take it as it comes. It will be so nice to have friends over and not be listening to CD's coming through the TV speakers !!!!!!!!! I have gotten hammered for this from my friends !!

Thanks again for all the great info. that is posted on this site.

-Rick