My projector is behind me and my equipment is to my left in my home theater. If I point the remote straight at the middle of my screen in front of me, everything works perfectly. Even with the macros... The Harmony One is also supposed to have a fairly wide signal "broadcast" so to speak, so maybe I'm just lucky with enough reflection of the signal off of the screen.

Hmmm... I wonder if that would work with all of the equipment behind someone if the signal could be bounced off of a front projection screen. Then it would eliminate the need for IR Blasters for some people....

As for the "magically working" part, my point was that a RF remote won't make an IR device that it out of line of sight, or in another room work out of the box. You need the IR Blaster pieces. I just wanted to make sure that the OP knew that there would be additional equipment to buy if RF capabilities were a "must have"...

Lastly, as for being somewhat isolated, that means that I don't run any media center PC in another room of the house, and my one Dish receiver is in the home theater (it is a 2 TV model, so the other TV gets the RF remote)... Thus, I am not really communicating or needing to control a device or box outside of the home theater where RF is an absolute must have.

Last edited by nickbuol; 12/31/09 06:28 AM.

Farewell - June 4, 2020