Wow, it's amazing how important background stories can be. Here all this time I just thought you were a bit of an over zealous Simpson's fan who thought it'd be cool to use a picture from the show (I'm not a big enough fan to realize that picture isn't actually from the show) in his avatar. But to my surprise you're not a nerd at all, you're simply the victim of a punk gag your brother played on you that you've fallen so hard for that he now has you telling the internet world about it! He must be pissing his pants in laughter!!!

Haha, nah I'd bet it's real too. How big is the picture anyway? It's too bad you didn't get any pictures of them while they sat on your pourch sipping tea and coffee eh? One question, you mention a 'partner' in a way that suggests two men who seemed very fond of eachother. So fond that you couldn't tell forsure if they were just really close friends, or indeed life partners. Is there any knowledge of the Mike you suspect him to be as being openly gay? If so, that could very well give a lot of credit to the possibility of the painting being real indeed!

My Stuff :

M80's
QS8's
VP150
EP800
Denon 4802
Emotiva XPA-3
Samsung BD-P3600
Sharp 65 Inch Aquos LCD