I’ve wondered about this myself some times. It might take until morning for some of the members with multi-sub and EP800 experience to see this but I’m interested in what they have to say.

I only have one EP500 and would be inclined to say that you try out one and if it’s not enough add another or upgrade to the EP800, especially if Axioms 30 day upgrade policy still has them pay the return shipping.

Rather than get a monster subwoofer to get the very low frequencies I chose instead to get an EP500 and a Buttkicker. The EP500 does a great job of filling my 5000 cu. ft. area (HT room and attached dining room and kitchen while the Buttkicker ensures I feel the very low end w/o having to turn the sub up to loud.

I planned to get another EP500 if I need more bass or needed two subwoofers to smooth out the bass in the room but one seems to be enough and I’m quite impressed by Audyssey’s EQ in smoothing out the LFE channel.

3M80 2M22 6QS8 2M2 1EP500 Sony BDP-S590 Panny-7000 Onkyo-3007 Carada-134 Xbox Buttkicker AS-EQ1