Originally Posted By: CatBrat
Interresting. I have something by Monster that is similar. Buying this caused me to examine my house wiring because my outlets are only 2 wire, without a ground. Today I had an electrician install a new circuit breaker (edit: breaker box) and new breakers. In my living room I had a heater that would always flip the breaker when I put it on high. He had some gizmo that clamped to the wire at the breaker and noticed my heater was drawing just over 15 amps, so he used a 20 amp breaker there.

I told him about what I had planned for HT and he said that sound equipment didn't draw very much power. So, in the same room as the heater on high, I started up my computer, turned all lights on, turned on my tv and receiver and played something really loud. This only increased the amp draw from 15 to 18 amps.

Cat,
Did your electrician check the existing gauge of wiring in your house? I'm going off the top of my head now, but I think the National Electrical Code identifies that 14 gauge wire ampacity is only 15 amps, while 12 gauge is rated for 20 amps. If you have 14 gauge wire (or smaller) in the circuit, it could lead to the cabling overheating and possibly a fire. You should check.

LFR1100 Actives,QS10HPx2,QS8x2,EP800,M3x4,M3x2 (Wood),M5HPx2 (Wood),AxiomAir,ADA1500-8,ADA1500-7