In reply to:

The difference between the M22's and the M60's was certainly more than volume levels.

I agree with you here Spiff. I actually liked the sound of the M60s more than the M22s.
It was more than just outright volume and more about the broader soundstage. I also found the soundstage of the M60s to be larger, more robust almost (but again the extended bass factor of the M60s cannot be directly compared with the lack of same in the M22) but based on my past speaker experience, i would generally expect a larger soundstage with larger enclosure sizes. This thought has held true with our latest Tannoy additions in which they were another step larger than the Axioms M60s.

I did not find that the M60s were any different in treble (openess or separation) over the M22s though. In utilizing an identical tweeter, crossover point and box design, i find it hard how this could be obtained. Perhaps Alan would have some insight based on the listening tests they've done.

In reply to:

They sound nearly same, it's more of how that sound is presented which differs with the two speakers....The M60's need space for their benefits over the M22's to be appreciated

I completely, thoroughly and happily, merrily agree.

In reply to:

I think you may be getting too hung up on the terminology

That was my point.
I DID warn you i was being nitpicky.
Word selection means a whole lot in science publications so the broad use of specific terminology always causes a twitch in the 'ol eyebrow area.
Just call me nitpicky...
Or maybe even 'twitchy'

"Those who preach the myths of audio are ignorant of truth."