yup, very much the same. The theme has been playing since 1968 on CBC (Canada's biggest public broadcaster) and is often referred to as "Canada's Second National Anthem." It's pretty much ingrained in your head by the time you can walk.

The last year or so it has been the focus of what was almost like a scandal in the media because the rights to use the song ran out for CBC at the end of the 2008 playoff season. They failed to negotiate a price to renew and it got sold to TSN and maybe CTV. CBC had a nation wide contest for a new theme but continues to try and get it back.

If you are ever speaking in front of a big crowd and want to see if there are any Canadian's in the room, just start singing the opening bars and it's almost a given that the all the Canadian's will join in with you. heh heh. I've seen it happen.

EDIT:
OMG! I just noticed the source to my link. For the record, I couldn't find a link to anything but a preview video with youtube searches (despite this being a youtube video) and the like. I am NOT a member of the "David Lee Roth Army" web board. LOL!!!

Last edited by Murph; 01/15/10 12:39 PM. Reason: dug myself a hole

With great power comes Awesome irresponsibility.